St Peter's School of English

+44 (0)1227 462016
visa travel information

Visas to the UK

The school has over 30 years’ experience in helping foreign students to obtain visas to enter and stay in the UK to study

The policy of St Peter’s is to try to advise students on which type of VISA may be the best for them. We support, advise and sponsor our students to obtain visas.

We are a member of English UK and accredited by the British Council.

No VISAS Required

The UK is a full member of the European Union (EU). All citizens of the European Union, the European Economic area or Switzerland may enter and stay in the UK without a visa.

For study at St Peter’s School of English we recommend the following visas:

Student Visitor Visa (SVV)

A SVV is valid for 6 months. It is suitable for all levels of English (from Beginner to Advanced) and for all our courses at the school. You must apply for this visa before you leave home. It cannot be extended so if you wish to study for longer see the Extended Student Visitor Visa (below)

Extended Student Visitor Visa (ESVV)

An ESVV is valid for 11 months. It is suitable for all levels of English (from Beginner to Advanced). You must be planning to study for more than 6 months in order to obtain this visa. You must apply for this visa before you leave home.

Please initially select which course at St Peters School you would like to attend.
If you have any questions, please email your queries.

Once you have selected your course, complete the enrolment form and send a deposit of £200. This can be paid by credit card or bank transfer. We will the send the right documentation required for your visa application for your nearest British Embassy.

Most applications are successful with this visa but if your first application fails, please just try again. Email or Fax the reasons for non-acceptance and St Peter’s will advise on how to correct your next application.

If you cannot then obtain a visa, please send us the proof so we can then refund in full any advance fees and accommodation costs. See Terms & Conditions.

If you are successful you will need to confirm this with St Peter’s and pay the full course fee at least 4 weeks before the course is due to start. The full £200 deposit will be credited to your fees or accommodation. Please see Terms and Conditions.

After your time here you may wish to go home for a holiday. Once at home, you can then apply for a second (and third) 11 month visa – which would again be supported and sponsored by St Peter’s School of English.

For more information on visas, please visit the UK Border Agency website.

To apply for any of our courses, please telephone +44 (0)1227 462016 or contact us via the website.