Courses for school groups (14 years old and above) We offer all year round courses for closed groups of secondary school age students enabling them to experience a week or longer in an English speaking environment. It is a chance to speak English and learn about the British way of life as well as to meet people from other countries.
The minimum age is 14. The students do not study in the same classes as the adult students.
- Students are offered an orientation tour of the city on their first day at the school.
- Students usually study for 20 lessons (15 hours a week) of General English in the mornings only. Class times are 9.00 -10.30 and 11.00 -12.30. Sometimes groups choose to follow a more intensive course of 28 lessons (21 hours a week).
- The emphasis in class is on using communicative methods. Schools often want their students to focus on listening and speaking but we have also had requests for tourism and literature modules, for example.
- There is an optional programme of activities / excursions in the afternoons as well as two evening activities. In addition to this, groups usually choose to have a full day excursion to London. Please contact the school for details.
- Accommodation is in homestay. Hosts are carefully chosen and checked by the school. Most of our hosts have been with us for years and are used to welcoming younger students. The students stay in a shared room with a student of another nationality, unless otherwise requested. Breakfast is provided and an evening meal, usually between 6 and 6.30 in England. The students have a packed lunch at the school.
- Group Leaders need to be present on all excursions and for all activities both in the school and outside.