Most of our students choose homestay accommodation in and around Canterbury; they say it is a great experience!
English is spoken in the home, so it is a great way to learn about the culture and practise your language skills outside of the classroom.
NOTE: Under British Council regulations, “homestay” has a maximum of three students. If there are more than three, the accommodation is classed as a “private home” and there may be less direct contact with the host(s).
- Breakfast and dinner on schooldays and all weekend meals.
- A fully furnished single room with a workspace for your studies.
- A shared room facility is another economic option.
- Students over 18 are given their own house key.
- All students will be given support and advice from their hosts. The school also provides a 24-hour telephone hotline in case of emergency.
- You will not usually be placed in the same private home stay accommodation as a student with the same mother tongue, unless you specifically request this or the school asks your agreement in advance.
- Laundry facilities/services are offered in each home.
You may find the home and lifestyle different from your country, but we are sure you will enjoy the experience of living in an English-speaking environment. Some of our students enjoy their experience so much that they stay in contact with their hosts for many years.
We can also help students find private and long term options. Our team is always happy to give advice on the best option for you. You can find out more about hotel, B&B and self-catering accommodation if you click here